Saturday, May 17, 2014

Coring and Blogger's Quilt Festival, Spring 2014

Now that my hexagon quilt is done, my fingers were itching to get at another hand quilting project and since the weather is still cool, I should just get something else accomplished before our summer heat arrives.

Enter my apple core wall hanging.


For marking my lines, I use Crayola Washable Markers (the fine ones).  Just be sure to test those markers first on your fabrics before using.  All my fabrics have been washed, so I know these lines will wash out.

Then, before I knew it, all the hand quilting was done.  Now, onto the binding, hanging sleeve and label.
Tick, tick, tick ... all those last three things to do got done and my little wall hanging is finished.
For those of you concerned about me using the Crayola Washable Markers .... well look below.  All the markings washed out.
 A few close-up shots of my hand quilting:

This little wall hanging is my entry into Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Quilt Festival, Spring 2014 and it will be seen under the Hand Quilting category.

There are many categories and voting for your favorites takes place May 24-29.  So go, take your time and enjoy all the eye candy.

Have a great day!


If you are not reading this post on www.appliqueandpatches.blogspot.com or http://www.quilterblogs.com/, it is pirated content!  No other websites are authorized to use my work.   Please click the above links to go to my real sites and please help spread the word about this scrapper site’s unethical use of other people’s work.   We quilters are just fed up with this abuse!

20 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Really beautiful stitching and I love your scrappy fabrics. Sweet little wall hanging.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is so cute and learn something new every day ( about those markers! :)

belarmina said...

precioso!!!!
me gusta el corazón de manzana
saludos

eloidastitches said...

Your stitches are beautiful! Wow. Such a cute little wall hanging.

Dolly said...

Ooh, you did a wonderful job ! After all these 30+ years of quilting, I still avoid the curved seams ! Yours are wonderful, but most especially the quilting. Triple echo was inspired !

Jennifer said...

That's so pretty! It will look lovely with your other hangings.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What beautiful quilting ... And a beautiful quilt, too! I definitely need to get me some of those fine point Crayola washable markers! After I'm done here, I must go check out your hexie quilt ... I just love hexies!!

Cathi said...

Your little apple core wall hanging is wonderful! Great finish and a wonderful entry!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

apple core is on my one day list - I have so many scraps to use. I would quilt it as you have

QuiltSue said...

Your hand quilting is just amazing. I love this little quilt.

Di said...

Beautifully neat and even stitches, and such scrumptious fabrics too!

CitricSugar said...

Crayola washables - genius!

You did a lovely job!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love those neat even tiny stitches.
Great finish!

audrey said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Very sweet little quilt.:)

CountryGal said...

Your quilting is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

Show off!!! LOL I would too if I quilted like you. Your stitches are just perfect! what a great whip me up project. oh summer what a bad word!!

Wendy said...

such beautiful quilting, it really enhances the design of the quilt

Deb A said...

Such beautiful quilting and I just love your little quilt.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Gorgeous! Your hand quilting is wonderful!

Vivian said...

With this piece (like so many of your others) you keep the hand work tradition alive! A lovely little quilt!