Friday, July 10, 2015

A Scrappy Garden

Well, well ..... after a lot of basting, the last quarter is ready for sewing.  I'm not out-of-the woods yet .... there is a lot of stitching to be done; but this sure makes me happy.
The upper half section is being sewn into rows, where you see the arrows.  Until the bottom left hand section was pinned into place, nothing could be done with the rest as I needed to see how everything looked first to make sure the overall look was balanced.
This will be my take-along project this summer to the cottage.  Lately, I've been back and forth to the cottage a lot and Miss Ashes has been feeling neglected.  She is giving me the look and touching my arm to make sure that it really is me.  :o)
In the photo below, what do you think about my abstract deer?  Take a close look just at the water line to the left of the big tree.  What do you think?  Am I seeing things?
Nothing abstract about this pheasant.  It has been hanging out at the back of our cottage.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I see I will not be the only one working my way across little scrappy patches. Happy stitching!

quiltcat said...

oh,oh, dein scrappy-quilt ist ja schon ganz toll geworden, meiner ist noch winzig klein mit einigen dreiecken, aber das wird schon noch. schöne sommer-sonnentage noch
lg elfriede

Bren said...

Your scrappy quilt would make me happy too!!! I am not seeing a deer....my eye is not as clever as yours ;)

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness that is a lot of triangles. I love it! Your petals are so pretty as well, seems I always like everything you are working on.