Wednesday, January 20, 2016

9-patch again

Well, I kept at it!  By working on a batch of 9-patch blocks at a time, soon the empty spaces on my design wall dwindled until the centre was all done.  A few tweaks here and there and I'm happy with the look.
Then, a few days of serious sewing of the rows and the centre is complete.  Now, just the outer borders to do!  It is truly amazing what can get done when I focus on just one project.  Hmmm, perhaps that is what I need to do to get some other ufo's completed.  :o)
Gotta focus ... gotta focus ... gotta focus ....

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it......and I like how you used the row of darker squares to create a border!

Julie Fukuda said...

I sure do like the lok of that so far. I like those solids in between. I am working on a nine patch as well. A bit different arrangement maybe and I am wishing I might have used solids as well. It will be a while until I have enough blocks to put together.

wendy@iqlt said...

I love the quilt top. I follow your's and Deanna's blog to keep up on what is happening up north. Can I ask what size strips you are using for the patches, and the squares? Love the brighter colours.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh the simple nine patch but oh so wonderful! Was wondering how large your nine patches are in this quilt?

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I don't know what it is about nine patch quilts, but I love them! Yours is very pretty with the soft colors--wonderful!

eloidastitches said...

What a cheerful quilt top! Did you sew the blocks together on the machine, or by hand?

Quiltgal said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous. you must be so glad you finished it.